The IPERA Guest Engagement platform supports Shared Access Codes that can be shared with visitors (end-users) to connect to the Wi-Fi
Two methods are used across different venues:
1. Generating human readable shared access codes
This method is commonly used in F&B and Retail industry. It is easy to communicate with end-users. It is possible to generate codes for daily, weekly, monthly or annual use
- bestpizza03 - 03 may indicate current month (e.g.: May) or number of years in business
2. Generating complex random shared access codes
This method is common in convention centers, hospitality, healthcare, enterprises, and public sector. A bulk number of messages are shared with the reception to share with end-users.
In order to generate complex random shared access codes, it is suggested to generate random codes from MS-Excel using DEC2HEX() function along with expiry date for a period (month or year).
Once all random codes are generated in MS-Excel, it is recommended to;
- Select the entire column that has generated codes and Copy all of them. Use Paste as Value to avoid to re-generating codes every time you make a modification in the MS-Excel sheet
- Make sure that you don't have duplicate codes by using Conditional Formatting function in Excel
Once all codes are shared, those codes should be generated in the IPERA platform
DEC2HEX(RANDBETWEEN(0, 2^32 - 1), 8)
|SHARED CODE||EXPIRY DATE|
More information about Generating Access Codes