Triggered Campaigns (Proximity Marketing) is a feature that allows to set up campaigns that are triggered based on end-user interaction with the venue. Campaigns are triggered and sent through e-mail, SMS or push notification (required mobile app) based on the action performed by an end-user.
To check the list of Triggered Campaigns, select Campaigns > Triggered Campaigns.
Click on to get the following options for the existing triggered campaigns
- Edit: Edit the selected campaign
- Performance: Check the performance of the campaign
- Publish/Unpublish: Publish if the campaign is not published to be active or unpublish to deactivate the campaign
- Delete: Delete the campaign permanently
To add new Triggered Campaign, click on the Create button.
- Title: Name of the Campaign
- Language: A prefered language for the campaign
- Communication: Select your communication channel (s) including SMS, Email and Push Notification. Push Notification option works for those customers that have implemented the Starling Mobile App SDK in their Mobile App
Campaign SMTP Settings
Click on the SMTP Settings in the email section to define SMTP settings for E-mail communication.
- Well-known-SMTP: A SMTP service providers which is publicly available (Google, Hotmail, Yahoo)
- Host: Hostname of the SMTP Server
- Port: Port number used by the SMTP service
- Authentication: Enable if the SMTP server required additional authentication
- Email: Email address to authenticate with the SMTP server to send email
- Password: Password to authenticate with the SMTP server to send email
- Type of encrypted connection: Encryption type to be used to send email
- Test E-mail: Email address to be used to send a test email
- Send: Click to send a test email
Once it is all set, click the "Save" button to save your campaign's SMTP settings.
Parameter Type: “Visit Based” or “Date/Time Based”
Visit Based: Campaign is triggered based on the number of visits
Date/Time Based: Campaign is triggered based on selected days and times
Frequency: How often the campaign will be triggered
Locations: When the customer available in this location
Guest Segment: Campaign is sent to the selected guest segment
Gender: Campaign is sent to the selected guest gender
Age: Campaign is sent to the selected age range
Nationality: Campaign is sent to the selected guest nationality
- Trigger: Action to be detected
- Detect: when the device is detected by the location engine (Eg: Cisco CMX, Aruba ALE)
- Connect: When the user connected to the SSID
- Sign-In: When the user completed the sign-in process
- Sign-Out: When the user disconnected from the system or after the user session has completed
- Check-In: When the user login with hotel login
- Check-Out: When the user's hotel login session has completed
- Running Dates: Time duration that campaign will be enabled
- Delay: Number of minutes that need to wait after the triggered event has occurred
- Status: Draft or published
Finally, once it is all set, click next and save your campaign
Performance of the Triggered Campaigns
To check the performance of the triggered campaign select Performance option from the options menu of the campaign.
- Communication Channel: Communication media that has been used to send messages (SMS/Email/Push Notifications)
- Count: Number of messages that have been sent