Social Login with Facebook allows end-users to get access to guest Wi-Fi from the Splash Page using Facebook credentials.
This article shows step-by-step configuration which we need to perform to allow end-users to access guest Wi-Fi using Facebook credentials. It shows the potential of platform and social marketing application, and shows the guest's experience on the Splash Page.
Control Panel Configuration
1. Social Engagement Parameters
Enabling Social Engagement option will make your business visible on social media through spreading word-of- mouth. Social message is automatically post on guest timeline or display as a check-in message when end-users connect to the Wi-Fi. If you enable this function, you should include a message on Splash Portal to inform users that their social timeline will be updated automatically with a check-in message. In addition, it is advised to include this information in the Terms & Conditions section also.
To activate Social engagement parameters, you need to select Location and Settings > Social Engagement section
- Message: Message is posted on end-user’s Facebook timeline (i.e.: I am enjoying fast and free Wi-Fi at the Zen Café New York)
- Link: Marketing URL that will be displayed together with message on end-user’s Facebook timeline. You may use your Website URL or Facebook page URL
- Facebook Page ID: Facebook Page ID is used to automatically checking in end-user to your venue on Facebook once they are successfully connected to the WiFi. You may use http://findmyfbid.com/ to find out your Facebook Page ID
2. Configuring your Splash Page with Social Login
Splash Pages (also known as captive portals, splash portal, welcome page, login page, landing page) are pages that end-users see when they connect to Wi-Fi.
From the sidebar on the left side of the admin interface, select the Internet > Splash Pages
Select a Pre-Login Splash Page from the list
From the HTML Editor, Locate at the code section that you need to add Facebook authentication link
Select Facebook from the Snippets > Authentication links located at the right side
Snippet is added to the code as shown below
Save the page and perform a test through mobile / laptop device
3. End-user Experience
When end-user opens the Splash Page, he will see the Splash page with Facebook Login option
If end-user click on the Login with Facebook button, he will redirect to the Facebook authentication page using OAuth authentication.
4. Data Collected using Social Wi-Fi
See Data Collected using social article for more information.